The ancient Canton of Elvegast in the magnificent Barony of Windmasters’ Hill is hosting Performers’ Revel South again! It’s a relaxed time and space for performers to do their thing! We will have all day at a local member’s church to fill the halls with singing, dancing, acting, and reveling of all kinds!
Date: June 30, 2018
Location: First Presbyterian Church of Garner; 503 Lakeside Dr.; Garner, NC 27529
Time: Doors open at 9:00am. Programing starts at 10:00am and runs until about 11:00 so we can clean up by midnight.
Please email the Autocrat, Baroness Sophia the Orange at orangesophie AT gmail to make your requests for activities to happen that day. There’s still plenty of space!
Doors open at 9:00 am
10:00 Performer’s Stagecraft Basics class by Owain
11:00 Stage Combat basics by Owain
11:00 Songwriting help with Efenwealt
Noon lunch by Elvegast volunteers
1:00 Period Music demonstration and discussion by Mistress Aenor, Efenwealt, and Pippin
2:00 Dancing in main hall
2:00 Stagefright Remedies class by Efenwealt in classroom
2:00 Atlantia Dance Band practice for instrumentalists in class room
3:00 Afternoon Bardic Circle in class room with Instructions on Bardic Circle Etiquette by Efenwealt
4:00 Improvisation Skills class by Sophia The Orange
5:00 Who’s Line Doth It Be Anyway improv show
6:00 Pot Luck Dinner with The Great Birthday Bardic Bake off contest – please bring list of ingredients for all dishes!
8:00 Evening Bardic Circle and Birthday Cake Big Bardic Bakeoff! – ditto here on ingredients list please
It happens to be Sophia The Orange’s birthday, so we’re having a competition for the most awesome birthday cake with a theme of “Orange!” (flavor, color, shape, whatever) There will be prizes, but even better will be the honor, glory, bragging rights, and CEREMONY of honoring your birthday cake with the yet-to-be-improvised Oh Holy Sacred And Timeless Cake Cutting Ceremony of Elvegast!
Link to the sign up sheet for what you’ll bring to the pot luck is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OTSJRQGWgS4E3ievgXf9qwvNHyY3RgAvakieNHSg9dY/edit?usp=sharing
Midnight: close the doors.
- Taking the Teeth Out of Stage Fright – Many performers have stagefright, so how do you deal with it? We have some answers.
- Improvisation Theater Games – Many games are just silly fun and some can actually help you develop your character!
- Stagecraft Workshops – Voice projection, movement on stage, motivation. Very good concepts to practice for anyone who likes to perform in the SCA so people can hear you in court, in feast, and whenever you want to be heard!
- Performance Review and Critique upon request
- Performing Arts Resources Library and Online Search Guidance – Some Very Experienced Performers will be bringing large boxes of resources and materials for anyone to find new material or find documentation for period informed performances! At least one computer will be there with easy links to online resources. Want to perform something in the SCA that you can say “Yes! It’s period!” Come on down here to get help finding your material! Research materials for period performance and consultation with Efenwealt and other Subject Matter Experts.
- Barring health challenges or Murphy’s Law preventing it, Mistress Dervila will be available for private consultation with individual performers between 4-5:00 or by appointment. Since the site is small, you can find her on the day of the event to decide on a good time of day to chat. Performers will benefit most when they bring a piece to work on and some specific questions. All levels of Performing Artists are encouraged to meet Dervila regardless of what they’re working on.
This is a donation based event with no set site fee. Donations to help pay for our $200 site rental fee gratefully accepted.
Please email Baroness Sophia the Orange with any questions, concerns, or requests via orangesophie AT gmail DOT com. See you there!